Friday, December 8, 2006

And off Wii go...

The Nintendo Wii went on sale in Europe today and I can't seem to find an available one for purchase anywhere.

Argos, Tesco's and Game are all sold out. Even the accessories are all sold out. Madness. I suppose that its £100 cheaper that an Xbox (premium) so parents see it as a no-brainer.

I am not one of these people who absolutely must have any of the next-gen consoles, like the people who apparently have been camping out for the past 2 days. This is madness. Why would you be that hung up on life to actually need one of these the very second they are released. Now, dont get me wrong - I bloody well want a go - but to camp outside a shop waiting for it...... aaaahhhhhh NO! No chance mate.

I hear also that ebay now has auctions where a Wii can be purchased for in excess of £500. Goodie. Watch me also mouse click my way over there to enter my string of numbers for one. No.

I really cant believe that any "hardcore" gamer is actually paying this money. Why would you? If you wait til the day after Christmas you could pick one up with ALL the available games for that money, and still have enough to fill the living room full of beer for when you actually use it.

And parents? What? Why are you spending every last penny you slaved over the last year just to make "poor wee jonny happy"?? Poor wee jonny will be bloody happy if you just buy twister and play along with him. Not by buying a Wii and sticking him in a room so you can have a brandy. (p.s My parents never stuck me in a room so they could have a brandy!! Just incase you think I was a traumatized kid.)

No. I will have some patience and wait until an abundant supply and then make the informed decision.

Although the playstation 3 (PS3) will apparently undergo a "major" firmware upgrade in March (around the European launch) which may provide "Wii like abilities".

Better graphics + Wii controller + internal harddisk + DVD playback = PS3 is a winner.

No comments: